Dating back to 1776, the Wallace House became headquarters to General George Washington during the Middlebrook Encapment where Washington hosted many dignitaries and planned several successful strategies. Named after John Wallace, it was the largest house built in New Jersey during the Revolutionary War. In 1801 the house and farmland, known as “Hope Farm’ was sold and passed through several owners until 1896 when it was purchased by the Revolutionary Memorial Society and became their headquarters. In 1947 the property was acquired by the State of New Jersey and is scheduled for rennovation leading up to the country’s semiquincenntial in 2026.
The above search results are for the sole purpose of research for the user. The images may be copyrighted by individuals and cannot be used without permission. The user has no authority to reproduce these images in anyway outside of the sole use of research.
Contact for Details