Griggstown Mule Tender’s Barracks
The Long House was believed to have been constructed by Cornelius Simonson as a grain storage facility in the second quarter of the 19th century. At one time the building served as a store, post office and interpretive center. Plans are underway to restore the building and again use it as an interpretive center.
Griggstown Bridgetender’s House
Built circa 1834 when the D&R Canal was constructed, this structure housed the bridgetender and his family. In the early days of the Canal there were drawbridges which had to be raised in order to allow the mules and boats to pass along the canal. The Griggstown Bridgetender’s House is a good example of a …