Van Veghten House

Built in the early 1700s, the Van Veghten House served as headquarters for Quartermaster General Nathaniel Green during the Middlebrook Cantonment of 1778-1779. It was originally a brick one and one half story dwelling that was widened and enlarged to two and one half stories, probably prior to the Revolution.  In the late 1830s the home was updated

Van Veghten House Read More »

Old Dutch Parsonage

Constructed in 1751, this two and a half story Georgian building served as the home of local pastors up until 1810. The residence was then occupied by a local physician and eventually sold to the Central Railroad of NJ. It was moved to its present day location by local residents hoping to preserve its history.

Old Dutch Parsonage Read More »

Scroll to Top