Snyder’s Farm

A working farm with 80 acres of crops including sunflower and corn fields. Farmhouse, carriage house and barns dating back to the early 1800s.

Hageman House

The Hageman House, built in 1861, is a historically accurately restored, Italianate-Victorian farmhouse, with mature trees and a stone well in the backyard, and surrounded by lush meadows and wooded wetlands. The interior of the house has original fireplace mantel pieces and woodwork, and some 19th and early-20th Century furniture and appliances. The horse, dairy, …

Hageman House Read More »

Van Liew-Suydam House

The Van Liew-Suydam house, built in 1875, is a meticulously restored Victorian farm house that sits on the top of a hill, at the end of a shady, maple-lined drive, with cornfields on three sides. The front of the house and porch faces west and the back faces east, and both are beautifully lit by …

Van Liew-Suydam House Read More »

Van Veghten House

Built in the early 1700s, the Van Veghten House served as headquarters for Quartermaster General Nathaniel Green during the Middlebrook Cantonment of 1778-1779. It was originally a brick one and one half story dwelling that was widened and enlarged to two and one half stories, probably prior to the Revolution.  In the late 1830s the home was updated …

Van Veghten House Read More »

Water Tower

Located on the grounds of the Cross Estate, this water tower is typical of structures that were once designed to make isolated estates of the time self-sufficient.

Brook Arts Center

 Built by local developer Alexander Morecraft, opened its door on January 9, 1927, as a vaudeville house. The theater was designed by architect W. H. Lehman of Newark, NJ, and Interior Designer Vincent Marilette of New York.

Somerset County Courthouse

Constructed between 1907 & 1909 in the Neo-Classical Palladian style, the Courthouse is faced with Sylacauga marble.

Jacobus Vanderveer House & Museum

Built in the early 1770’s it is typical of the Dutch frame houses that dotted the coutnryside before the American Revolution. The Jacobus Vanderveer House served as the headquarters of General Henry Know during the winter of 1778-79 and is the only surviving building associated with the Pluckemin Cantonment’s role in helping the Continental Army …

Jacobus Vanderveer House & Museum Read More »

Scroll to Top